Museums on us© from Bank of America
Present your ID and a Bank of America ATM, credit, or check card at participating museums on the first full weekend of every month and your admission is free!
In the Detroit area, participating museums are:
- The Henry Ford (no Sundays)
- Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History (no Sundays)
- Motown Museum (closed Sundays)
- Detroit Science Center
For more information and a calendar, go to http://museums.bankofamerica.com.
Target sponsored events
- The Henry Ford – Free admission and parking on Labor Day 2009 (Monday, September 7)
- Arab American National Museum –Free admission every Sunday
- Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History – Free admission every first Sunday. For dates, click here.
Museum Adventure Pass
Don’t forget the Museum Adventure Pass available for check out at local libraries (a list of participating libraries is here).
Guidelines from the Museum Adventure Pass website:
“Check out a Museum Adventure Pass using your valid library card at any library location. Libraries have a limited number of passes for each participating organization. Passes are available on a first-come, first-served basis and cannot be reserved, renewed or requested through interlibrary loan. One Museum Adventure Pass may be checked out per person, per loan period. The loan period is SEVEN DAYS. Up to two or four people may be admitted on each pass. (See the list for which organizations admit 2 and which admit 4.) Choose the museum you would like to visit and bring the card for that museum to the circulation desk. The library will give you a date-due slip that admits you into the museum through the date printed on the slip. After this date, the pass expires. You do not need to return it to your library.”
- Detroit Institute of Arts – free admission on Fridays for Detroit residents
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Belle Isle – admission is always free; donations accepted
- Museum of Contemporary Art Detroit – free admission unless otherwise indicated
- Detroit Children’s Museum – general admission is free
- Dearborn Historical Museum – admission is always free; donations accepted
- River Raisin Battlefield
- Holocaust Memorial Center – free admission; donations appreciated